Transitioning a Business
Selling your business is a major life event. If the sale is executed properly, it can leave you in a healthy mental and financial place. If done poorly, the outcome can be less than desirable. Because selling a business is something the average business owner does once or twice in their life, it can be challenging to build a level of expertise necessary to ensure success. We want to see you succeed and our company exists to help.
You are amazing at running your business, but should you also be expected to be amazing at selling it? With the help of Welstand, selling your company will be much easier than you think.
- Accurate valuation.
- Drawing from peer comps and industry data we have access to the most up to date comparable’s of what companies in your industry are selling for.
- Extensive business valuation experience and education ensures an industry standard method of estimated market value.
- Going to market at the right price can make all the difference in attracting the right buyer. Too low or too high can both be turnoffs. Our experience can help guide you.
- Certified Professionals
- Our brokers are licensed with CBI’s (certified business intermediaries) a designation awarded through the IBBA (International Business Brokers Association)
- Our brokers are licensed Realtors with the Real Estate Council of BC
- On average our brokers spend $8,000.00 a year on continuing education and conferences to ensure they are leaders in the industry.
- Focused and Specialized
- We only operate in small towns in the interior of BC. We know your market.
- We are experts in businesses’ your size – $250,000 to 3 million in annual revenue. 2 – 75 staff.
- Other firms can sell houses and commercial retail space. We focus on one thing – business sales.
- Our Network of Professionals is Now on Your Team
- Investment Banks
- Private Lenders and Equity Groups
- Marketers, Web Specialists
- Business Plan Writers
- Equipment Appraisers
- Skillful Negotiation
- Negotiation isn’t optional for a successful sale, it is essential to a successful sale. With 15+ years of negotiating transactions, we are experts.
- We are Business Owners Ourselves
- Our founder has owned and operated over 11 small business across Canada
- We truly understand what it is to be an entrepreneur and a small business owner.
- Access to our list of pre-approved buyers
- We have an active database of buyers waiting for the right opportunity to invest in. There is a chance we already have a buyer for your business today.
- Tap into our preferred channels for marketing your company
- ca – Formerly MLS.ca
- IBBA – International Business Brokers Association members only listings
- com – approved listing agent network
- Social – YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin
- Professional Coaching
- Coaching on how to prepare your business for sale
- Coaching through presenting an offer
- Coaching on due diligence
- Coaching on closing
Having Welstand focus daily on selling your business, means that you can focus on what is most important – operating your business.
If you would like to know more about the steps in preparing your business for sale, navigating the sale process and best practices to ensure the close, we would love to setup a time to talk with you. Each business and each owners goals are different. We look forward to hearing about yours and helping out where we can.
Below is a quick request form which will send information directly to Scott Duke for a follow-up within 2 – 48 hours. Or feel free to contact us through any of our contact channels listed below.